Merriam-Webster's Dictionary for Children
An essential dictionary to help children navigate their adventure into the language, for grades 3–5, ages 8–11
This newly revised dictionary provides the guideposts that children in elementary school need to build vocabulary, comprehend spelling, and navigate the English language. Children will discover the meanings and uses of more than 36,000 words and phrases.
- Abundant usage sentences and phrases clarify different meanings of the word
- Hundreds of illustrations, photographs, and diagrams supplement definitions
- Word root paragraphs, word histories, and synonym paragraphs help students build vocabulary and improve spelling
- Pronunciation paragraphs at the beginning of each letter explain the sounds that letters can represent
- Special sections include Signs and Symbols; Confused, Misused, and Misspelled Words; Guide to Punctuation; and Capitals and Italics
Size: 7-3/8"W x 9 1/4"H. 672 pages.